Thursday, February 11, 2016

Childhood Television memories - Part 2 - Life after cable - animated shows

The next stage of my life was when we finally could afford cable.

it's also when I was introduced to many new things, as well as being driven from the tv because I got up too early.

It also when a few fan favourites occurred.  A lot of these were a lot more mainstream, but it's part of the fun.

This was also the era where I started really dipping my toes into anime.  Like many, it started with Robotech (although the argument could be made for G-Force and Thunderbirds 2086), and slowly, but surely I began to learn about the new style of animation.

The all New Popeye Show


Beetlejuice



Belle and Sebastian


Captain N: The Game Master



C.O.P.S.


Count Duckula


Dino-Riders



Dungeons and Dragons


Galaxy High School



GI Joe


Gummi Bears


Kidd Video (easily the worst thing we found on tv at the time).


M.A.S.K.



Masters of the Universe


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles



Transformers



The Real Ghostbusters






Thundercats



Visionaries



early shows I was unaware of until I got cable

The Jetson's


Anime


Astroboy



Bubblegum Crisis


Kimba the White Lion



Robotech


Canadian Content


Babar



The Raccoons





No comments:

Post a Comment